Wednesday, January 30, 2008

man oh man progress.

Well, ive been working alot, and managed to forget to update the blog with my progress. and then i just deleted everything i wrote by accident and over wrote the copy.
Ive decided (more like arm twisted) to do a game design project. I'm basing my modeling on a High End Unreal Engine game system, giving me a fair amount of freedom on the polygone count. Unreal Engine 3, is a bit too much for me to handle though (20 million poly's?! yeesh) Especially at the stage i am at. Im not much for tutorials and what not im more of a press this now find out what it did Later kind of guy. here is some progress on the model of a character ive drawn a million times before, a character i'd always envisioned making a game for, even though this is more of a concept than an actual game it is kind of fun to finally be doing something along these lines. His name is Zach, and the following are drawing i've done of zach in the past and the current model of his head etc. Im going to make him around 40-50 thousand poly's.











Other Work I've been doing is also the level design, the game starts in a Town that ive sketched out before (ill have to find a sketch). but it is basically a slum set around 200 or so years in the future. this is the scene that Zach will be walking around in. I need to edit some bump maps. and stuff for the render view. its unsatisfactory for me. but heres some shots.






I have written a brief but to be honest im not sure entirely as to what i should say to beef out the brief a little bit, it looks a bit flimsy, i know what i want to say But i dont exactly know how to word it. Or how it is expected to be written, Ill probably edit it tomorrow and then post it up on the other Post.

No comments: